- 475g Barkat All Purpose Flour Mix
- 2 tsp Barkat Gluten Free Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Barkat Gluten Free Xanthan Gum
- 275g unsalted butter, softened – must be soft not from the fridge
- 275g soft light brown sugar
- 225g granulated sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 300g good-quality chocolate, in fact any chocolate dark chocolate, white chocolate, chopped roughly into chunks
- sea salt
- Beat together the soft butter and both sugars with an electric hand whisk or electric mixer until smooth and light in colour.
- Crack the eggs in one at a time and then add the vanilla extract.
- Sift the Barkat Flour, Barkat Baking Powder and Xanthan Gum. Then add to the flour mixture either by hand one spoon at a time or very slowly in your electric mixer.
- Add the chocolate of your choice in tiny chunks, chocolate chip size or slightly bigger
- Once mixture has come together and there is no sign of the flour and the chocolate is mixed in, take the entire mixture and divide into half
- Take a large piece of cling film and roll the mixture into a large sausage shape, about 10” (inches) in length. Twist the ends to secure it.
- This will make around 10 cookies per roll, but you can roll them smaller and make more.
- Freeze them for at least an hour or pop them in the fridge for about 1-2 hours so the mixture sets so you can cut it.
- In the meantime, cover a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. After refrigerated, or frozen allowing them to defrost a little, preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Slice your cookies into about 10-12 per roll and place them on the baking tray leaving space between them to allow for spreading.
Cook for 15 minutes or until they start to brown around the edges and paler in the middle of the cookie. Remove from the oven, wait a minute or so, and place them using a spatula or something similar on a wire rack to cool before serving.